Just after installing google Chrome in your desktop all you need to do is configure it in order to get maximum productivity and less distraction. To do so we have given following suggestion which should be applied to get work done.
Install the following extensions:
- Adblock: No more intrusive ads. If a page detects you are using Adblock, simply open a new incognito tab and load the page. Shortcut is: Go to address bar (Ctrl + L), copy URL (Ctrl + C), open new incognito tab (Ctrl + Shift + N), paste URL (Ctrl + V) and load (Enter). This way you can take a quick look at the page without disabling Adblock.
- Evernote / Notion / OneNote web clipper, or your preferred note-taking application.
- Instapaper or Pocketto save articles for reading later.
- LastPassor your preferred password manager
- SetupVPNor your preferred VPN.
- Video Speed Controller: I find this a total must it allows you to increase/decrease video playback speed with the D and S keys. Usually 1.5x is an good speed for the majority of videos.
Enable shortcuts for your most used extensions: Menu button > More tools and in the upper left corner select Extension shortcuts. In my case, I set Ctrl + Q and Ctrl + E for quick access to WordReference and LastPass.
Bookmarks management: Save all your favorites, but maximize your bookmarks bar space by hiding the text for some of them. You can right click > edit on any link in the bookmarks bar and delete the name, leaving only the icon. A good bookmarks bar is a combination of favicons without name and favicons + text.
Key shortcuts to remember:
- Ctrl + T: Open new tab
- Ctrl + W: Close current tab
- Ctrl + Shift + N: Open new incognito tab
- Ctrl + Shift + T: Open last closed tab
- Ctrl + 1–9 and Ctrl + right/left arrow: Move between tabs
- Ctrl + Shift + B: Show/hide bookmarks bar